Tuesday, February 07, 2012

     Saturday, January 28, was a Saturday full of surprises. First, I ran smack in the middle of Bourne Legacy’s shooting at the MRT-LRT Taft bridge way. There were a lot of people (a.k.a. miron), which made walking difficult. As I was about to whip out my camera to take a picture of Jeremy Rener and Rachel Weisz, a bunch of guards came and told us not to take pictures. One even threatened that our cameras would be confiscated if we get caught taking pictures. Well, I was in a hurry and I wouldn’t want to get in trouble (in short, I was a chicken), so I just went inside the MRT station.

     Actually, my real goal that Saturday was the first book signing event of Chico and Delamar for their Best of Top 10. Yey!

     So I met with my bestfriend at Robinson’s Galleria at around 11 a.m. Take note, the actual book signing was still at 1 p.m. According to my bestfriend, there were still no people at the Rob’s Activity Center when she arrived, which was about 10:30. So, upon arriving, I just bought two copies of the book and then we proceeded to eat at Tokyo Tokyo in the foodcourt. At around 12:30, we decided to go back to the activity area, and boy, were we surprised! Check out the pictures!

The line that wasn't there before we ate!


The stage area


Gino Boi posing with fans

He was kind of nice to accommodate all those ladies and babies!

The hopeful horde waiting to catch a glimpse of Chico and Delamar

Finally, Chico and Delamaaar! Yeeey!

Books up!






Various views - from behind

People still buying The Book

And the line went on and on and on



     Okay, my bestfriend and I are in our late 20s and we really are not into falling in line to get signatures from some random celebrity. However, Chico and Delamar are different. Their pair symbolizes our student years. We have been listening to them during their 93.1 stint, then the 93.9 years, then on their 93.1 come back. It has been a ride with these two radio jocks, and I could actually say that I and my friends mentally (smarter hehe!) and emotionally (stronger, hehe again!) grew up with them.

     I still couldn’t believe that we actually stood in line for 5 hours! I mean, I wouldn’t do that for anyone else. Maybe it was just adrenaline or just plain adulation that we were able to stay in line while patiently waiting for our turn. I got assigned with number 329 for goodness sake!

     Well, when it was our turn to go on stage to have our picture taken with Chico and Delamar, I found the moment so surreal. I mean, wow, I was actually face to face with the two people whom I listen to almost everyday since high school! Really, wow! Chico and Delamar never age in my mind, and when I actually saw them I found that they really look young.

     Save for some people who cut in line, I would say the book signing went really well. Nobody really complained and everybody participated everytime the host, DJ Cerah, would ask the audience.

     That Saturday was really for the books (pun intended), I must say. Some random friends turned up in the signing. And from Bourne Legacy, to Chico and Delamar, I got to hang out with my bestfriend as well! :) Happiness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment